Three middle school teachers and their guests share what it's really like to be in a classroom today, how policies affect teaching and students, and what teachers actually think would work better. Listen in to their off the cuff, unscripted discussions, debates, and sometimes, plain silliness as they discuss today's biggest issues facing schools. Here's a look at some of the topics to be covered
- Why do teachers quit and how this affects the classroom and quality of our schools
- What do grades really mean? What should parents know about how their children are graded?
- Should special education students be integrated in mainstream classrooms? What does that look like and what are some of the benefits and issues.
- How do schools handle issues with discipline? What does it look and feel like from a teacher's perspective. What does a Vice Principal do anyway?
- Do universities really prepare teachers for the classroom? What a prospective teacher should know before sinking money into a college loan.
- What's the deal with state testing? Does it serve a purpose? Who writes those test questions anyway?
- Catch up on all of the Transparency in Teaching Episodes!